- Born and raised in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Graduated from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona.
- Extensive experience in areas including writing/editing, editorial production, social media, marketing, e-mail marketing / client communications, branding, and blogging.
- Recently started dabbling in graphic design and photography.
- Love social media, technology, travel, and learning new things.
Brand Manager, CityVet Companies
July 2011 – Present || Dallas, TX
- Launched social networks including Facebook and Twitter; manage content and analytics.
- Write and distribute monthly newsletters and promotions via Constant Contact.
- Write and edit content for main website and internal team site.
- Design signage and brochures for events, promotions, and client education.
- Serve as primary contact for marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Coordinate community events and charitable donations.
- Act as liaison between CityVet and outside Web, design, and print agencies.
Freelance Writer & Editor
May 2010 – Present || Dallas, TX
- Clients include: CityVet, National Speakers Association / Speaker magazine, and Blitz Weekly.
- Interview subjects, research products, and write articles.
- Offer creative consultation and marketing strategies.
Publications Assistant, National Speakers Association
July 2008 – May 2010 || Tempe, Arizona
- Worked with the Director of Publications to prepare manuscripts for publication by editing, manipulating graphics, and suggesting creative imagery, titles, and sidebars.
- Attended brainstorming sessions with graphic designers.
- Re-designed media kit to attract prospective advertisers.
- Launched Speaker magazine’s Facebook and Twitter profiles.
- Managed content for NSA member newsletters and weekly expert group newsletters.
- Facilitated discussions on NSA’s blog and social networking channels.
- Supported the NSA meetings team at national conferences.
Administrative Assistant, Parsons & Goltry
December 2007 – February 2009 || Phoenix, Arizona
- Managed a docket system, active files, and a file archive.
- Communicated with clients regarding required action items and payments.
- Organized sensitive materials and handled mailings.
- Scheduled appointments, processed fees, and provided information to prospective clients.
Editorial Intern, Desert Living Magazine
August 2007 – January 2008 || Phoenix, Arizona
Intern, Sacks Public Relations / bizSanDiego Magazine
August 2006 – August 2007 || Phoenix, Arizona
Editorial Intern, Arizona Foothills Magazine
December 2005 – June 2006 || Scottsdale, Arizona
Editorial Intern, 944 Magazine
August 2005 – January 2006 || Scottsdale, Arizona
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. AP style proficiency.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Constant Contact.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe InDesign. Familiar with iPhoto and iMovie.
- Launched and successfully grew social presence for CityVet and Speaker magazine.
- I work and play on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest on a daily basis.
- I thrive independently or as part of a creative team. I’m reliable, motivated, and productive.
- I blog for fun, and have a large network of friends in sales, marketing, and design roles.